Dreaming about running!

I swear – I never thought I would be dreaming about running, but I did all last night. I wish I could say I ran the perfect marathon, or half marathon, but I couldn’t tell that is what I was doing. I was just running in a big crowd. I twas crammed with people and I was trying to plow my way through. I never seemed to get tired, which is good! I REALLY hope that my races are not that crowded!!

On my way to work today I listened to another great podcast (Endurance Planet) where the host interviewed an Ironman competitor. It was a great interview, as they all are on this podcast, but the best part was when he talked about his mantra. “Fresh and Loose”!! I can see this helping me – it’s catchy and fun. The neat part is that this is his motto for all aspects of his life – if he starts feeling stressed about something he thinks “fresh and loose” to break away from negative thoughts. I love it!

Today it was raining AGAIN and I was forced to run on the treadmill. I have to say that is the most painful workout there is. I really do not like it at all. The only good part is that one of my friends was also in there working out and we watched Ellen while we ran.

Tomorrow is my last run for the week before two full rest days before my race. I am so excited!

So far the weather for this weekend shows a high of 41 degrees and a 30% chance of showers. I will be “fresh and loose” and think about it as 70% chance of no showers!!!

Advertisements

2 Comments

  1. Linda

    I guess we could be having the foot or more snow like in Wisconsin. I hope you have your snuggies for Saturday.

  2. lauraph2009

    Yes, I will definitely bring some warm lounging clothes!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: