Another weekend comes to an end

I had another fantastic weekend and, as usual, it went by too quickly. It was one of those weekends that felt it 4 days rather than just two. I was busy, but not too busy to relax and enjoy.

Yesterday started off with a 4 mile run with the Tryon Running Club. I met another great person on the run today. I think this is definitely one of the perks to running. She is about 7 years younger than I am but we have a lot in common. We talked the whole time and four miles was over before I knew it.

The rest of the day was spent shopping. I braved Greenville but it turned out to be good… the crowds were elsewhere so I didn’t have to battle the normal traffic jams and aggravation that usually comes with shopping down there. It wasn’t really a productive shopping trip, but nice just the same. I spent a bit too much money at Whole Foods, but I should be stocked up on some things for awhile. I also splurged on some fresh Alaskan King Salmon. I sure doesn’t take a lot to add up to a pound. I won’t discuss how much it was; thankfully I only got one piece!

The rain held off long enough for me to grill it and it was pretty good. I served it with a baked sweet potato and some KALE CHIPS. YUMMY! I love kale chips but I have not made the recently. I got two huge heads of kale, one for chips and the other to put into soup. The secret to great kale chips is a low temp – about 325 and air…. I cooked them on my perforated pizza pan. It turned out to be the perfect pan for the job.  I tossed them every 10 minutes or so and they were crisp and delicious.

The plan for Sunday was to plan my menu for the week, do my grocery shopping and workout. Plans changed a bit when Scarlette called about 9:00 or so and asked me if I wanted to run around the lake. SURE! Why not. We met at her house (the most peaceful mountain retreat I have ever seen) and headed out for our run. We ran almost 6 miles… it was a great run, but tiring. The sun and humidity were out in full force. There were sections of road where the sun was just blazing down at us. I brought a water bottle, but it was  not enough. Plus, the water I did have in it got warm real fast. I have to get an insulated bottle before my next run. There is nothing refreshing about warm water!

When I got home I got to talk to my sweet daughter (who is turning 21 next week!). After our talk I was going through all my recent text messages because my phone kept showing I had some unread messages. It was then I noticed one missed message from my parents. They would be stopping by on their way home from Wisconsin! Yey! I love seeing my parents that that added a nice bonus to my day. We had a wonderful visit; I made some yummy little appetizers for them to nibble on before making their way back home.

It is not even 9:00 and I am ready for bed. I am going to hold out a bit longer to get some reading in and listen to the thunder.


1 Comment

  1. Linda

    It was a short nice visit but we get to look forward to your visit this weekend.

    I really enjoyed the lentil soup for lunch today. I toasted the pita – very good.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: